Have your say


We provide a platform for carers to have a voice about services within Renfrewshire

We offer carers the opportunity to influence services through our Carers Forum. The forum brings together carers to have their say on local plans for services, how services can be improved and changes to legislation.


The 2016 Carers (Scotland) Act


From April 1st 2018, the Act places new requirements on the Local Authorities to support carers, which include:

  • A duty to prepare an Adult Carer Support Plan
  • A duty to prepare a Young Carer Statement
  • A duty for the local authority to provide support to carers whose needs meet the local eligibility criteria
  • A duty to provide information and advice service to carers on, amongst other things, emergency and future care planning, advocacy, income maximisation and carers’ rights
  • A requirement for the local authority to consider whether support should be received in the form of a break from caring
  • A duty for Local Health Boards to involve carers in hospital discharge
  • A duty to prepare a local Carers Strategy