The Carers Advocacy Service provides 1:1 Advocacy to Carers who are experiencing issues as a direct result of their caring role.
The service aims to ensure that Carers views are heard and provide accurate information to allow Carers to make informed choices about their caring role and issues affecting them.
How can Advocacy help?
Advocacy may be of help when Carers are experiencing difficulties with the following:
- Additional Support Needs/Education
- Social work, health, and other support services
- Hospital discharge planning
- Transition from home into long term care
- Attendance at meetings/reviews